There are several elements in designing a new primary bathroom. The bathtub is an essential fixture in any residential bathroom remodel, and choosing the right type of bathtub can significantly impact the overall aesthetic and functionality of the space. With so many types of bathtubs available in the market, it can be challenging to decide which one to choose for a residential remodel. In this blog, we’ll explore some of the different types of bathtubs used in residential bathroom remodeling projects.
1. Alcove Bathtubs – These are the most common types of bathtubs, designed to be installed against a wall and usually have a showerhead attached. They are ideal for small bathrooms as they take up less space.
2. Freestanding Bathtubs – These are a popular choice for larger bathrooms, as they can create a luxurious and elegant look. They come in different shapes and sizes, and are not attached to any wall, but rather stand alone.
3. Corner Bathtubs – These bathtubs are specifically designed to fit into the corners of a bathroom, maximizing space utilization. They are ideal for those who want to create a spa-like experience in their bathrooms.
4. Drop-In Bathtubs – These are installed by “dropping” them into a framed enclosure, creating a sleek and seamless look. They can be designed in different shapes and sizes to fit any bathroom.
5. Walk-In Bathtubs – These are designed for people with mobility issues or those who have difficulty stepping over the edge of a traditional bathtub. They have a door that allows for easy entry and exit.
In conclusion, the type of bathtub you choose for your residential bathroom remodel should depend on your personal style, bathroom size, and functionality. Take time to research and choose the right one that suits your needs and budget.
Our experts at Leitner Construction, will help guide you to the right material for your specific project. You’ll appreciate your project manager’s clear communication and attention to detail. Leitner Construction Project Managers supervise every aspect of the project. From scheduling; to ordering materials; scheduling sub-contractors; ensuring safety and quality standards, to keeping you in the know throughout the process. We will supply your dream remodel with our confident team.